Annual Sidewalk Sale is Saturday, July 16. Here's what you'll find:
Also this summer
- 7:30-10:30 a.m. Farmers Market can be found on Myrtle Street west of Penn.
- 7:30-10:30 a.m. Help "stuff the bus" with school supplies at the Farmers Market entrance.
- 7:30 a.m.-noon Main Street office is open at 106 E. Myrtle, an air-conditioned rest stop!
- 7:30 a.m.-noon Register to win $100 worth of gas from MJ Murphy Oil.
- 7:30-8:00 a.m. Stores start opening. (Huge Jock's Nitch sale is from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- 8:00-11 a.m. Facepainting and chalk art for kids at the former JC Penney entrance, 212 N. Penn. Hoops game at the Farmers Market.
- 9:00 a.m.-2 p.m. Rustic Cuff trunk show at Cantrell's Fine Jewelry, 208 N. Penn (20% off on all RC)
- 10:00 a.m. A sidewalk sale tradition: "Walking Tacos" available at the American Soda Fountain
- Bulldog Station will have sales in front of the XTreme Bike store.
Free outdoor movie nights. Community National Bank parking lot at 121 N. Penn. Last Saturday of the month through September. 8 p.m. pre-show activities. Movie starts at 9.
All Wheels Nites are from 6-8 p.m. July 15 and Aug. 19. Fancy cars and motorcycles and live music in the 200 block of North Penn. American Soda Fountain opens for pulled pork sandwiches.
Downtown Farmers Market on Myrtle at Penn continues every Saturday from 7:30-10:30 a.m. through July.
New stores: Hager's Market, Love the Cookie Jar. Opening soon at 315 N. Penn Ave.: Affordable Furniture Depot (relocating from East Main).
Blockbuster movies at Independence Cinemas, enjoyed in new recliner seats.
Independence Historical Museum and Art Center, open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, offers exhibits and art classes.
Pick up a downtown shopping & dining guide brochure at the Main Street office, 106 E. Myrtle.